Learn how Adoctus handles Data Security & Privacy!
As we enter the new, modern world of Classroom 2.0, Data Security & Privacy will play a crucial role in safe guarding an organizations information.
We understand that security is critical to your success in the E-Learning journey. This is a responsibility which we take extremely seriously, and therefore work with top security researchers to stay up to date in the web security sector.
Regulatory Compliance Standards
We have aligned ourselves with Industry best practices to provide a intuitive Learning Management System that meets all the necessary requirements for organizations to feel comfortable in using our platform.
- POPI Compliant – We comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013, in the way we store, retrieve, and protect your data.
- GDPR Compliant – We comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation in the way we store, retrieve, and protect your data.
- FERPA Compliant – We comply with the The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, in the way we store, retrieve, and protect your data.
- ISO 27001 Aligned – This standard demonstrates that we manage the security of our information according to the practice internationally recognized as the best and we only use Infrastructure partners that are ISO 27001 Certified.
Software Architecture & Cloud Infrastructure
Adoctus’ Infrastructure partners are considered leaders in the industry and we have chosen Digital Ocean as our Cloud Infrastructure Partner. Digital Ocean is recognized for data centers that are built to withstand all types of threats and are certified for high quality and security.
- Architecture – Our Software Architecture is a world standard that meets all Fintech requirements from Orchestration, to Code Deployment and Source Control.
- Technology – We make use of only the best industry standard Technology that all major software companies are built upon.
- DevOps – We believe and hold strongly to DevOps practices in life and in work environment and believe that only through Collaboration with our Clients can we achieve success.
- Security – Our infrastructure is protected behind Private Cloud Servers and is monitored for threat detection and scanned constantly.
- Backups & Load Balancing – We take daily backups and ensure multiple fail over servers are in place to ensure we scale as you grow.
Application Security & Performance
To keep our users and their data safe, we continually and carefully monitor, fix and prevent any security vulnerabilities.
- Firewalls – Our platform runs behind a highly secure firewall that scans all network traffic and updates security patches constantly.
- Monitoring – Adoctus makes use of monitoring software that automatically scans and alerts of well-known vulnerabilities so they can be addressed immediately.
- Feedback – We believe that any feedback is important and ask that our customers and their users provide us with feedback in order to improve the platform.
- Encryption – All traffic from us to you is encrypted with SSL/TLS 1.2 and network traffic cannot be deciphered from outsiders.
- Tokens – We make use of token policies that expire after certain times to ensure access to your portal is protected.
- Passwords – We use strong password policies and encrypt your password data and no member of our team has access to it.
Billing & Payment Protection
We understand the risk of online transactions and have taken strict measures to protect your Billing Information and Comply to Industry Standards.
- PCI Compliant – Your card information is transmitted, stored, and processed securely on a PCI-Compliant network, where all transactions are processed using secure encryption – the same level of encryption used by leading banks.
- Card Data – We do not keep credit card information on our infrastructure in any way.
- Billing Information – We protect and encrypt sensitive information and ensure that only users with correct access rights can obtain this information for processing purposes only.